Step-by-Step Detailed Process
- Register to create an account.
- Create a sealed bid listing. Your identity and company information will be kept completely confidential throughout the listing process. Only when the match is made will we introduce you to the buyer you select.
- Describe material including specifications and photos.
- Suggest a price for buyers. The price can be $0 (free for buyers to claim) if you are willing to give it away to avoid the landfill.
- Identify any required or preferred conditions or terms of a match.
- Set a time period for the sale. You can also choose to set your listing so it will not expire until a match is made.
- Confirm listing to go live on MME. In order to meet our quality standards, listings are first approved, so it may take up to 24-48 hours for your listing to appear on the site.
Review offers and select a winning buyer
- Use the “My MME” dashboard where you can monitor your listing, see how many companies have looked at your listing, review sealed bids, and respond to messages.
- Answer questions from prospective buyers using our confidential messaging system.
- In some cases, buyers may request samples to be sent.
- Receive sealed bids from buyers, which can include $0 offers.
- Select the buyer that best meets your needs. Variables include price, destination, intended use, buyer reputation, and other unique requirements or preferences that you set in the terms. Please note that sellers can accept or reject any sealed bid.
- Note: It is general practice for the buyer to pay for all shipping costs and the materials are generally sold FOB Location, unless otherwise noted.
Complete the transaction
- Upon verification of the successful bid, the seller will generate an invoice and will be fully responsible for collecting payment and arranging final delivery of product. MME is not responsible for any financial transactions – we only make the matches.
- Upon completion of transaction, fill out a confidential buyer rating form, which will become part of the buyer’s reputation profile.
Reputation is Critical on MIDWEST MATERIALS EXCHANGE!
Our goal is to provide the highest quality service for all our customers. While your company and personal information remains confidential, you are still developing a reputation on MME. Your actions and the opinions of the buyers you work with will impact your reputation scores. Buyers are willing to make higher offers when they know a seller has a strong reputation. So build up your reputation.
- Provide accurate descriptions of materials.
- Respond promptly and thoroughly to questions from buyers.
- Only send samples that are representative of your materials.
- Don’t list materials you aren’t ready to sell or give away.
- Promptly select the winning bidder.
- If ongoing coordination is involved, be sure that you establish a point person or process.
- Fill out buyer reputation forms at close of transactions.